A mobility scooter is a big investment in your physical health and your future. After all, without mobility scooter technology, many seniors and people with disabilities would be severely limited in terms of physical activity and the ability to complete day-to-day tasks.
When it comes to protecting your mobility scooter, regular maintenance is critical. Without proper care and expert servicing, you may begin to experience mechanical issues with your mobility scooter. In the worst-case scenario, a mobility scooter that hasn’t been well cared for may need to be replaced altogether.
The experts at the Certified Medical Service Department have compiled a few suggestions to keep your mobility scooter running in top shape for years to come.
Mobility Scooter Tips from the Pro’s
If you have a mobility scooter, and you want to do everything you can to ensure it lasts for years to come, check out these tips:
- If using your scooter every day, be sure to charge it every day! Otherwise, be sure to charge your scooter at least once a week. Avoid charging your scooter for any more than 8-10 hours at a time, as this can decrease battery life in the long run.
- Check out our replacement batteries if you need to replace yours.
- Check your tire’s tread regularly, especially on your front tires. As with any vehicle, your mobility scooter’s tires will wear down with time. Tires that are too old will have less traction, which could end up causing an accident or injury.
- Keep your scooter clean. Wiping down your scooter’s exterior and control surfaces can go a long way toward protecting internal electronics. Don’t forget to regularly sanitize and disinfect your mobility scooter’s seat and handgrips as well!
- Protect your scooter from the elements. Ideally, you should park your scooter inside when not in use. However, if you need to park your mobility scooter outside or in a garage, invest in a mobility scooter cover to keep it safe from moisture, dust, and debris.
- Read your owner’s manual. The more you know about your mobility scooter, the better you’ll be able to care for it. This is tried and true, but there are a lot of great ideas inside the owner’s manual.
- Have your scooter regularly serviced. Make sure to make an appointment with our Service Center at least once a year. Our team will perform preventative maintenance at your house or at our facility.
Maintaining or Purchasing a Mobility Scooter
If you’re looking for mobility scooters near you, check out Certified Medical Systems. Our locations in The Villages and Ocala have a wide variety of electric scooters, including three-wheel and four-wheel mobility scooters designed to help you make living, traveling, and shopping with your scooter easier than ever. Stop in or give us a call at 352-237-4146 for help with mobility scooter service or sales today!
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In
Our Top Selling Mobility Scooters
Pursuit XL PMV 4-Wheel Scooter$3,899.00
Patriot 4-Wheel Scooter$3,649.00
Maxima 4-Wheel ScooterProduct on sale
Pursuit PMV 4-Wheel Scooter$3,899.00
Victory LX Sport 4-Wheel ScooterProduct on sale
Companion 4-Wheel Scooter$2,175.00
Pride Victory 10 4-Wheel ScooterProduct on sale
Victory 9 4-Wheel ScooterProduct on sale